Golden Retriever Rescue of Houston
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wade 10mo, M/N, HW-

3 posters

Go down

Wade 10mo, M/N, HW- Empty Wade 10mo, M/N, HW-

Post  Admin Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Foster: Sandra Phillips (303-859-0715)

My name is Wade, and life has turned a little upside down for me lately... In one moment, my family dropped me off at a local shelter... and the very next...

I was picked up by a very Very VERY nice someone that I didn't know! At first, I was a little timid and reserved... and yes, scared. I wasn't sure where I was being taken! I'm starting to figure it out now, though...

Admin
Admin

https://grrh.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Wade 10mo, M/N, HW- Empty Re: Wade 10mo, M/N, HW-

Post  Summer Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:34 am

8/2/2011 Update (from foster): Wade is doing great. I'm going to be honest with you, he had some really bad habits when I picked him up on Monday. He jumped up on me a lot and barked like crazy when I crated him. That being said, he learns VERY quickly. He has mastered commands like "sit," "off," and "crate." By the way, Wade no longer barks when crated. Thank heavens! I'll try and add some videos of him later tonight.

Things we are still working on...
-He's not laying down on command yet. He will. No big deal.
-Mouthing is a big problem for him.
-Wade is terrified of other dogs. He's been around several of my friend's dogs this week, and it hasn't improved.

On a positive note, Wade is such a sweetheart, he's very intelligent, he loves being around people, and he is really sweet to toddlers. When I study, he sits at my feet and just plays with his toys. He doesn't climb on furniture. He is basically housebroken (with the exception of a few minor accidents). He love's to go for walks, play fetch, and swim. He would do really well with an active family that is going to wear him out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Summer

Back to top Go down

Wade 10mo, M/N, HW- Empty Update on Wade 8/28/11

Post  SandraRP Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 am

Wade and I went on a trip this week and I learned that he travels very well in the car and is adaptable to new environments. Even with new distractions, Wade was still cooperative and obeyed commands.

At this point, Wade can sit, stay, lay down, come to me, and drop something on command. He is completely housebroken. He is very smart and learns new commands very quickly. When someone knocks on the door, Wade knows that he is supposed to lay down until the person walks in, and then I say it's ok to greet them. Also he doesn't walk in or out a door until he has permission, so he is definitely capable of self control:) For a while there I wasn't sure...

Wade is still very timid around new dogs, but he is no longer aggresive towards them. Originally, I had thought that Wade could not live with another dog, but I'm beginning to think that he would benefit from the company of another dog.

Wade is absolutely terrified of my broom. It makes me feel like it has been used against him in the past. He loves playing outside, but he DOES NOT like to be left alone outside. He wants nothing more than to follow me EVERYWHERE. It took him a while to build up trust in me, and now he is very loyal. Such a sweetheart!!!

Wade is a chewer. He has this ridiculous oral fixation where he ALWAYS has to have something in his mouth. Thank goodness for dog bones and kongs! We are still working on mouthing... ugh! Any advice???

SandraRP

Back to top Go down

Wade 10mo, M/N, HW- Empty Wade was adopted!

Post  SandraRP Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 am

Wade was adopted by the Brinkmeyer's today. They met him at the Meet & Greet on Saturday. I took him t meet their other dog, Gus, tonight. Wade absolutely loved Gus. He is perfect for that family. When I left, the dogs were laying down and chewing on a bone together. So sweet! Angie and Erin are putting the contract in the mail.

SandraRP

Back to top Go down

Wade 10mo, M/N, HW- Empty Re: Wade 10mo, M/N, HW-

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum